Thursday, March 1, 2007

Tuesday... American Idol... Top 10 Guys

As average as the top guys seem to be so far, at least we don't have a Scott Savol in the mix.

Ok here we go. Count how many times they dedicate a performance to their parents.

First up is Phil Stacey. First impression: Tight pants. Did he steal Amy's when she went home? Will that give him bad luck? He sounds better than he looks though. I could probably hear him on the radio already. And I swear to you, Paula just stole my line. She must be reading my blog from the future, live as I type it.

Why do the contestants keep putting up as many fingers as their vote number? If we're deaf and blind or illiterate, I doubt we're watching American Idol.

Jarrod is dedicating his performance to his parents. That's one!

$15,000 says Randy will make some comment about the song being too big for him or not being able to do something with a song from a guy like Marvin Gaye.

Ok, I lose. I'll be paying myself that money slowly, in small increments.

Paula makes a joke at Randy, a sexual joke, and she's drinking her vodka through a pink straw.

Fingers!

AJ's A Baldo makes us 2 for 3 on parent dedications. And he's whispering. why do I think someone should be stripping to this song?

Randy seems easily pleased tonight. I'm not impressed. Don't forget, he's #3.

Please tell me that is NOT Sanjaya as a kid. He was in the top 4 last week. Wow, I wonder if he can fall that far because he looks and sounds ridiculous. He looks like he is reading the lyrics off a teleprompter. BRING HIS SISTER BACK, NO ONE WILL EVEN KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!

Simon: Did you like him or not?
Paula: I don't like you.

Chris said "crapshoot". I think he meant "sometimes Sanjaya sounds like crap, shoot!"

25:55 I'm surprised I haven't heard a Justin Guarini reference yet...

I'm not really digging the song, digging the song, digging the song. It's repetitive. But I still like Chris.

Haha, Simon said he was too saved by a woman. I can't believe Ryan hasn't gotten a gay joke in there. "You sure it was a woman, Simon? Hyuk Huk!"

Chris kept his hands behind his back! Good job, buddy. Don't wave that hand around showing me what five looks like!

Nick has been with his girlfriend for "quite awhile now." I can just hear her saying "HOW LONG?" This song could put me to sleep, and not in the good way. Simon is snapping his fingers? Hmm. He never does anything! But apparently, Nick lacks charismar.

Charismar this!. And he said Vote for Pedro. Ugh. I knew that wouldn't take long.

Blake dedicates the performance to his parents. That's 4 if you count Sanjaya's grandfather. I'm not really liking it. But hey, he brought the beatbox back. Maybe he knew his singing was rough. Randy likes everyone but Simon feels me. Lucky Number Slevin.

It's a little funny to me that Chris is going to sing "geek in the pink" and Brandon is sitting there wearing a pink shirt. Brandon looks EXACTLY like his grandmother. Weird. Man, he looks like he is reading the words, too. And it's like they took the original song and slowed it down to 1/3 speed.

Simon is going off into a rant about his mom's birthday and puppies. Funniest part of the season so far.

Brandon showed the fingers, but it was covered up by the phone number graphic. Oh no wait. he did it again.

Another grandmother from Chris R! What's that, 6 of 9 I think? I lost count. Hmm, I'm actually liking this one. I'm surprised. I have a feeling Simon is going to ask "what the heck was that song?" Nope, but he thinks his grandmother was thinking that! I feel so psychic today. He thinks Chris was the best by a mile. Not sure about that one, but i haven't been thrilled with many of them tonight.

Hey, there's a switch from Sundance Head. A dedication to a kid! I know this is mean, but remember Scott Savol? The kid kinda looks like him!

Oh no. Not one of the most popular karaoke songs in the world! At least he isn't bombing it. And the backup singers are waxing on and off pretty nicely. Holy crap, that was a high note!

Ok, I'm not as confident in my picks as I was last week, but here goes...

Sanjaya and A.J. will be going home. I was really tempted to pick Nick instead of AJ, but we'll see.

I wish Jeff Foxworthy would go home. Who are all these young girls around him? If ya have five wives under the age of 30, you might be a redneck. Did you know he has his own line of beef jerky? Me neither, but it's on Wikipedia.

No comments: