Monday, February 26, 2007

Miscellaneous Musings, Pt. I

The Sarah Silverman Program is actually pretty funny. Part of that has to do with most of the cast being comedians. I almost think it'll get enough complaints to get canceled, but as far as South Park and shows on Comedy Central go these days, probably not. And for the umpteenth straight week, Missi Pyle shows up. I swear that woman is everywhere now. She'll be on that new David E. Kelley show Wedding Bells, plus she's been on Heroes the last two weeks. She was on Boston Legal back in November, too.

***
When I can afford to go back to Bluckbuster Online, I think I might start watching House from the beginning. I saw a few episodes during a marathon. I know it's probably on USA all the time but I'm not sure when they would be starting over with the first episode.

***
Going back to South Park, I saw this advertisement on TV.com. I'm not sure if it's a joke, if they're going to be doing some kind of anime parody, or if someone just completely messed up and chose the wrong picture to go with the link. I never did click on the link, but it's gone now. So, as a wise man once said, "I guess you'll have to tune in to find out what that weird looking guy is doing on a South Park ad."

***
Big TV night tonight, with 24, Heroes, How I Met Your Mother, and to a lesser extent, Everybody Hates Chris and Deal or No Deal. I haven't watched Chris in over a month. I work tonight so I'll have to tape something and watch the rest later.
The Black Donnellys also starts tonight, which may mean the end for one of my shows, Studio 60. Not a huge letdown though, as that show has kind of been going downhill. Let's have less plotlines on TV about pining for a lost love, shall we? Thanks. I can't decide if I want to watch Donnellys, but since it's on at 10 and everything else is 8 or 9, maybe I'll tape Heroes and just leave it on NBC to tape that too.

***
There's apparently a new comedy "coming out," untitled as of yet, from the writers of Will & Grace. "The untitled CBS project, from David Kohan and Max Mutchnick, is about two friends and writing partners, one straight and one gay (Green), and the women working with them (Jessica Capshaw, Vanessa Lengies). The project is loosely based on Kohan and Mutchnick's friendship."

Vanessa Lengies - good. Jessica Capshaw - good. This idea? Hey Kohan/Mutchnick, I know your old gay show lasted like 15 years, but do you not remember Joey? This may not be a spin-off, but why do they think it's going to work? Let's have less sitcoms with similar setups loosely based on old shows, shall we? Thanks.

***
I only watched about an hour or so of the 79th Annual Academy Awards, heretoforewenth known as The Oscars. The Departed won Best Picture. This movie was released in October,
getting us back to the pattern of Best Picture winners that were released in the last quarter of a calendar year. Crash ruined that by being released in May, since it beat out September's Brokeback Mountain and Capote. While Million Dollar Baby was released most places in January of 2005, it won for 2004 and had a limited release in December 2004. Return of the King came out in December, as the entire LOTR trilogy did. Chicago and A Beautiful Mind came out in December... and you get my point. Just seems like a strange pattern to me. At any rate, this isn't The DB-Movie Blog, so I'll stop now.

***
Not sure how often I'll make these kind of posts. I'd like to refrain from making short posts just to remember when I think of something, but then I might forget to jot them down, or I might forget to compile them if I do make a bunch of short posts. Perhaps I'll try to make some short hidden posts and make this a Monday thing. Kind of my weekly reminder. In any case, I'm sure you'll all support my decision (all two of you).

No comments: