Thursday, February 22, 2007

Monday... Heroes... Ep. 1-16... "Unexpected"

You know what was "Unexpected?" Stan Lee only getting about 3 seconds of TV-time.

Anyway, it's begun: Just as I thought, Sylar is going to just follow Suresh around and kill all these people, then act like "oh man, that sucks, let's go." Suresh is a smart guy, doesn't it come off the least bit strange to him that all of a sudden Sylar (Zane) is getting these bad headaches when they find the woman dead? And when he mentiones Sylar, he's really curious to learn more.

Well, I thought Ando was going to be the one to die, as I figured it would be one of the "Heroes." Plus, I thought I read something about Hiro losing someone he cares for. But I guess they just meant since Ando was kidnapped by Missi Pyle, or when Hiro tells Ando to go home. Turns out it's just Simone who dies. Interesting way to do it though, having Isaac do it while trying to shoot Peter. I read that Simone does in fact die, so Peter must not have contracted any kind of healing power. She never really brought anything to the table for me anyway, so I'm not crying over it.

I had to look up why people keep referring to Claire's dad as "HRG." I guess it means Horn-Rimmed Glasses. Boy, that's really lame. I don't think it's one of those fan-made names though because I've seen it mentioned in more official recaps and episode previews. They are doing a good job with him, though. I actually am on the fence on if I believe he is trying to protect his family. I think he might be, but he's just so obsessed with learning about the people with powers that he's making a lot of mistakes. But considering they knew Sylar was the bad guy, I guess I can believe HRG (I can't believe I'm typing that...) is probably more good than evil. But he may have his own motives.

We might find out, since now Matt and the two newest Heroes are in his house and have guns pointed at him and his family. I thought Matt tried to read his mind before and failed, so I'm not sure how they're going to figure anything out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to know why everyone is afraid of HRG. What the hell does he have on everyone? I hope we'll find out soon. And yeah, Simone was totally getting on my nerves, so I'm glad they got rid of her.

Dustin said...

He is a little creepy. And like I said, I can't tell if I believe him or not, so he plays it well. Plus, we've seen what he can do to people he doesn't like. Although Sylar got out of that glass box.