Thursday, February 22, 2007

Tuesday/Wednesday... American Idol... Top 24 Perform

I think we Idol watchers were spoiled in the first season with the runaway favorites. Kelly and Tamyra were just that good. I think if this were the first season and this was the same 24, the viewing audience might be closer to that of Dancing with the Stars. The guys weren't good and the girls were only better by comparison. As I was watching Stephanie start out the show on Wednesday, I made a comment to my girlfriend predicting Randy would say something like "The girls are ON TONIGHT!" As the show went on, it was clear they really weren't. Although at the end, in comparison to the guys, I believe Randy might have said they did have it "going on," or "brought it down" or something like that.

Ryan accused Simon of being more negative Tuesday night, but was he? Randy called a lot of the performances rough, and Paula was more often making comments about picking the right song or taking/not taking risks. Simon just happens to be more blunt about it, and makes more references to weddings/theme parks/ etc.

Speaking of Ryan and Simon, their bickering used to be fun. Now, it's just painful. It's as if Ryan wants to have more of it and Simon, rightfully so, is bored with it. And Ryan is becoming RUDE. "Thanks to Randy and Paula, the band, and you, America." Wow, we get it. I actually hope that GLAAD finally makes a formal complaint because of all the gay-bashing they joke around with.


If I gotta pick my top three favorite girls and guys right now, I guess I will.

1. Sabrina Sloan
2. Stephanie Edwards
3. No clue. Lakisha was good, but we've kind of already seen a variation of her a few times, and she never seems to win. She is from Michigan though. So, represent.

I wish I thought Leslie Hunt was a better singer. Gina Glocksen, the funnest name to say this year, might become my #3 if she does well next week.

1. Blake Lewis
2. Chris Sligh (he looked a little awkward on stage though)
3. Brandon Rogers

Sabrina was right, there are too many ballads and hopefully some of the guys will do something different next week, and maybe I'll update my list.

I don't think I'll make my season-long predictions until they narrow it down to the Final 12. But this is probably going to be one of the worst final 12 they've had. I fear it may come down to "who I can stand" between the final 2, kind of like how I was rooting for Diana DeGarmo in Season 3 (Fantasia went on to make such hits as .... her life story in a TV movie). Wow... looking back, I don't see a lot back then either. I was a Jasmine fan.

My picks for the elimination... Simon warned me that the performances wouldn't be memorable, so I'm having a hard time remembering who was bad enough to go. So I guess I'll have to make my picks more on the random side.

Guys to be eliminated: Paul Kim, Phil Stacey. Although, Rudy and Sundance may have been worse than those two. Chris Richardson might have been my least favorite performance, though.

Girls to be eliminated: Antonella Barba, Amy Krebs. I guess. I don't have the highlights to wath back right now. So, there you have it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY agree about Simon and Randy. It's horrible to watch, and incredibly drawn out. Simon starts to end it, but Ryan, who I've always hated, keeps it up.