Friday, March 9, 2007

Miscellaneous Musings, Idol Edition

Not only is this shaping up to be the worst crop of talent in American Idol history, but it seems to be the most talked about season to date.

Thursday morning I was driving to work when the WDVD Morning Show began by talking about Wednesday night's performances. Apparently "Blaine" loves to tease the girls about how much he loves Antonella. Well, I got out of work just a couple hours later, and as soon as I got in the car, they were still or again talking about the show!

This morning I went to Denny's, and all of a sudden, as if it were the first season of Survivor, I overheard "Did you hear who got kicked off?!?!" They talked about it for about ten minutes. Now, since I do watch it and blog about it, obviously I'm kinda guilty. And I do talk about it with people. It's just insane that I don't remember people talking about the better artists more.

The Morning Show is now playing an interview from Lakisha. They did pause for a few minutes earlier to talk about Tom Brady and Britney, but thank goodness they're back to Idol!! Right? I now get back to hypocrisy by continuing to post my thoughts on Idol.

Hahaha, did Frenchie really use a coke bottle?! Ew.

Anyway, I promised my predictions. I reserve the right to make predictions based on performances on the spot, but I wanted to take a stab at the order in which they will leave now.

March 14 - Haley Scarnato
March 21 - Sanjaya Malakar
March 28 - Phil Stacey
April 4 - Brandon Rogers
April 11 - Stephanie Edwards
April 18 - Chris Richardson
April 25 - Gina Glocksen
May 2 - Chris Sligh
May 9 - Jordin Sparks
May 16 - Melinda Doolittle
May 22 Finale - Blake Lewis vs. Lakisha

Lakisha wins.

This is tough. I really don't even see Blake lasting that long, but... I don't know who else can. Like I said, it's a strange season. That would be an interesting finale though, with two really different singers. Blake could possibly make one of those horrible exclusive Idol songs entertaining. I'm not thrilled over anyone really. Everyone is saying Melinda is going to win right now. Well, I should say that Simon said that and everyone wants to agree with him to make it sound like they know what's going on. I actually wouldn't be surprised if she left much earlier, the way this season has gone.

We'll see.

No comments: