Monday, March 5, 2007

Miscellaneous Musings, Pt. II

I'm starting to think that Deal or No Deal is planned out. Or at least edited a lot. It used to be like Millionaire, where they would just have the contestant go until he lost, then pick another one until the show ended. Now it seems like they pick a new contestant at the beginning, and they play until about 8:56, then take the deal. The show ends promptly in time for Heroes to begin. These people are crazy. I'd like to think I'd take a guaranteed $175,000 but this game is insane. This woman can not stop crying. $264,000? TAKE THE MONEY, GEEZ. Ok, now I hope she ends up with $400.

...
Jeff Goldblum has a show coming up on NBC called Raines. I guess he sees hallucinations of the victims and it helps him solve cases. People are calling it a rip-off of shows like Medium, Psych, Monk, etc., where a detective/cop solves cases in an unusual manner. But TV does this all the time. I'm sure House is like some other doctor shows from the past, but people still watch it. And he wins Emmys and whatnot. I think Jeff Goldblum is funny. And that's what separates it from Medium - that show isn't a comedy.

...
It's hiatus time in TV-land. I miss the days when shows would just run episodes. Now they have to switch it all around and take breaks that can last up to a month. Actually, Psych is still on Season 1. The pilot aired on July 7, 2006. Episode 8 aired August 25, and Episode 9 didn't air until January 19 of this year. Well, I guess all this off-time will give me plenty of chances to update my blog!

...
$402,000? TAKE THE MONEY YOU SELFISH HO! The crowd is chanting "Deal! Deal! Deal!"
Three minutes until 9:00. She better take it. Sheesh, about time. Haha, her case had $400.

...
Speaking of possible rip-off ideas, Kevin Smith is going to direct the CW pilot Reapers. What makes this different from Dead Like Me, I guess, is that Sam has to capture the souls have escaped from hell, while George had to take souls from people who were about to die so that they didn't suffer. They say Reapers is a comedic drama. I haven't heard much else about it. Plus, this is on CW so it'll have less vulgarity than Showtime's Dead Like Me. Which will be weird for something directed by Smith.

...
Tuesday will be the premiere of The Search for the Next (Pussycat) Doll. This is like American Idol/Dancing with the Stars for 15 year old boys. And maybe 50 year old men. The first episode's summary says something about a mysterious stomach flu, which I thought was called bulimia. And what is Li'l Kim doing being a judge? And Mark McGrath hosting? Wow, this will totally beat Idol in the ratings. *chuckle*

...
Apparently there is going to be a show about the (fictional) wives of (fictional) NFL players. The only good thing I can think about this show is that they are likely to cast some pretty good actresses.

...

No comments: