Sunday, February 11, 2007

Friday... Psych... Ep. 1-12 "Cloudy...Chance of Murder"

Ok, how weird is it that Season 1 started in July 2006, and it's still going on? Granted it was on a 5-month hiatus, but sheesh. Another reason why USA is a weird, weird network. How does it survive on three new shows a year and 500 movies? They can't be getting good ratings. I digress.

I've never heard of James Roday before this show, and I don't think I've seen him on anything else. But he's brilliant on this show. He reminds me of Jim Carrey, but with a quicker wit.

I also love courtroom plots. I don't watch Law & Order because they spend too much time on the streets questioning people who say "I don't know. But here's someone who might." So anyway, this guy in a courtroom is gold. I was glad he actually was able to get up and play lawyer rather than just helping the actual lawyer the whole time. But that guy was pretty good, too. He reminded me of Tom Lenk. I'd love to see an entire show with this kind of character as a lawyer. I think they did make one, actually. But I don't think it was a comedy. I'll have to look into it.

I watched this on Saturday night and I'm posting this on Sunday evening. so sadly, some of my favorite lines I wanted to jot down here have escaped my memory. Although, this one is good:

Hornstock: My firm doesn't really believe in...
Shawn: Winning?
Hornstock: No.
Shawn: Mermaids?
Hornstock: No.
Shawn: The Minotaur?
Hornstock: Me.

I realize I spent more time talking about the show itself than the episode. Basically, Shawn thinks that a teacher is wrongly accused of murdering a television weatherman. And as usual, his instincts are correct. He sees her pick up a piece of trash while walking out of the courtroom, and since she didn't have to do that, something doesn't seem right about her being a killer.

No comments: