Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sunday... The Simpsons... Ep. 18-12 "Little Big Girl"

I'm not sure if the episode was referring to Lisa trying to make up an Indian heritage or Bart's girlfriend being pregnant. Maybe it was both.

Anyway, not a great episode. Although I like when they re-do the opening title with some kind of twist from the plot. Bart driving a car over the residents of Springfield and finally jumping the gate to crush Homer with his car was pretty funny. The episode would have probably worked better if there was more of Homer and Bart, and less of the girlfriend. How someone, even in cartoon land, could mistake a boy of 10 years old to be old enough to marry and be a father is reaching a little too far. Natalie Portman's a smart girl, why did they make her character so dense?

Lisa's plotline was weird. I guess it's interesting to see her lie her way through a report, but I'm not sure... I knew from the beginning she would eventually feel guilty and confess. On one hand I wish I would have been wrong. But this is the Simpsons, and the characters don't really change all that much. So it wouldn't have been Lisa-like to get away with it before confessing.

So, TV.com says that in this episode, we learn that Lenny and Karl share a mother and could be half brothers. I'm not sure why that's important, but it gives all those gay couple references/assumptions in years past a confusing and possibly gross twist. Speaking of gay, I'm not sure if I liked the Burns/Smithers moment. Smithers is on fire and yells out "I'm flaming!" to which Burns puts a hand on his chin and looks into the camera. It just seemed too National Lampoonish, and I liked the idea of Mr. Burns being oblivious to Smithers and even the gay lifestlyle. I mean, you've seen the cars they have him driving. His mindset shouldn't be anywhere near the 20th century.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I wasn't even LOOKING at the screen when I heard the, "I'm flaming" comment, and I still almost peed my pants.